Thursday, May 26, 2016

VACATION

Today you will write about the word VACATION.  What does vacation mean to you?

Perhaps you will write about a specific vacation that you have already taken because this is what you think of when the word vacation is mentioned.  Maybe you will write about what you imagine a vacation should or would be like.  And maybe for you vacation just means doing something different from the normal stuff, like going to SeaBreeze or just having a day off of school!

Whatever you decide to write about make sure you give the reader plenty of details!  For example, if you say, "It is fun...." then follow up with a specific example of something fun you did!  If you say, "It is hot"....then tell the reader how hot it is and how does it make you feel?  Always give examples to explain general words like: I love it, it's fun, it's beautiful..., etc.

Help the reader to really understand what vacation is like for you!

I can't wait to "go on your vacation" when I read your post!!!

PS.  REMEMBER to go back and edit AFTER you freely write your post.

HAVE FUN!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vacation is warm, but not humid, busy, but not crazy, and interesting, but relaxing. A vacation to me is a time to unwind and relax. Maybe a beach, or a nice pool. The sunset when I am on vacation is amazing, it warms me and makes me all fuzzy inside. This is my vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vacation to me is when I go to Splash Lagoon, for Avery's birthday. It is so much fun because they are pools water slide and hot tubs. Also, it is inside and you can go in the winter time! It's big!!!! I go with my mom, dad, Avery, Kennedi and Peyton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I think of the word VACATION, I think of being entertained for at least more than two days. for example, about two years ago, we rented a house next to...a pond, I think? While we were there, we kind of "Ducky-sat" a, well, duck! It was very amusing! :) A few weeks later, we saw about four ducks follow a mother duck. After a few minutes,I almost thought that one of the baby ducks was-Billy-our little duck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vacation is when u go to a place to relax and have fun. U can go anywhere like North Carolina and Miami. Vacation's are fun to go on because you can sped time with your family and friends. That is what I think a vacation is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's more of a vacation than what I said

      Delete
  6. I think a vacation is something that you get a break of and a vacation is when I went to Pennsylvania it was fun.When I went there I played games with my brother Eric and we where having lots of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think a vacation is something that you get to sit down and relax with your friends and family.like celebrating your birthday and going to Erie Pennsylvania.this is what i think is a vacation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vacation means to me Disney world. I am going to Disney world in the summer. I think it is going to be is so fun. I have seen some pictures,and the pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete